Monday, November 15, 2021

Knowledge is Power

 

November 15, 2021
They say knowledge is power.  I've been  in search of acquiring knowledge in my quest to get heathier as my priority job.  Specifically, in search of knowledge to lose weight.  Not only am I too overweight, I need to lose weight so that there is less pressure on my spine - less chronic back pain and hopefully more ability to be more active longer.  I may never be able to run or race again, but I'd love to do  more than what I'm doing in this state. 

"Losing Weight", the holly grail which most people are in search of.  I came across this book which I quite enjoyed listening to.  I have to admit, I am a fan of Chris Crowley's Younger Next Year books.  I quite enjoyed listening to the audio book Thinner Next year while I cycled on my indoor Trainer.  I got quite a few good nuggets which I will endeavour to follow.  It's all really a lot of common sense.   Unfortunately, not so common yet.  Here are Jenn's 10 rules:

1. Make up your mind and go for it
2. Exercise 45-60 / day, six days a week, for the rest of your life
3. Eat Less and be mindful
4. Don't eat dead food
5. Eat plenty of produce, half of you diet should be veg's and fruit
6. Eat healthy fats in moderation and avoid saturated and trans fats
7. Eat less meat and make it lean
8. Don't drink you calories
9. Don't skip meals
10. Embrace change

I highlighted the rules which I particularly related to and found to be good new rules to try to religiously  follow as much as possible without being a zealot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment