During the Chan family picnic last summer, the cousin's and I talked about a new challenge for 2013. Ya, a bunch of old guys in there 50's wanting to keep youthful, true weekend warriors. Picture that. We decided on the Seattle to Portland Bike ride. A 200 mile ride over 2 days. Seems challenging enough and doable for us old guys. I'll be blogging about this over the next 6 to 8 months.
Today, I signed up to the Cascade Bicycling Club. Step 1 done. By being members of the bike club, it gives us a early opportunity to get chosen to ride this event July 13-14. Selection of the riders is by two lotteries to choose 10k riders. The first lottery from members of the bike club.
Here's the ride we chose: https://shop.cascade.org/content/events/stp.
oh, I need to convince my wife that I need a 3rd bike. Got a mountain bike and a commuter bike. For this ride, those bikes won't do. I need a road bike for this event. She see's this as just another toy but biking has always been a passion of mine and I love all kids of riding. there are much worse vices to spend your money on.
I've started to ramp up my biking mileage. I'm a bit concerned on my current injuries but I'm hoping I can resolve them before the ride.
So let the challenge begins.
Monday, November 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment