In preparation for closing most roads of Vancouver downtown for the Winter Olympics, I decided to ride my bike into work today. Road closures in the downtown core have started but it's still relatively easy to get around. Nonetheless, it wasn't raining, it wasn't cold so it seem like a good day to ride and test everything. As you can see, it's dark at 6:30am. When the Olympics arrive, I'm hoping to ride everyday to get around.
First, my tires were half flat but ridable. I had to buy a new bike pump for the special tires I have on my bike. Other than that, everything seem good.
It's a 30 minute ride from the North Shore to the Lion's Gate bridge (photo), through Stanley Park, through downtown ending up in Yaletown. It totals about 10k, 6 miles. Double that returning home. Quite doable and it's a bit of a cardio workout. On top of that, I save $10 on parking, plus the cost of gas.
I even got a work out at lunch today. Went for a 2.5mile run on the treadmill then did some weight training. Three stars today!
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment